WorkDynamics, a company where your contributions can make an impact.
Join the WorkDynamics Team
Want to work for a dynamic and established company—and help deliver the world’s leading Document Management Platform? At WorkDynamics, we provide Smarter Workflow for Intelligent Business, bringing insights to meet the needs of some of the largest and most complex enterprise and government environments. It all starts with our expert team. Will you join us?
We have an exciting opportunity for a person with strong technical, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills. The job requires candidates to be physically on site, so only applicants currently living in the Ottawa-Gatineau area and who are eligible for Enhanced Reliability security clearance will be considered. Responsibilities:
- Install and configure a web-based software product on Windows Servers
- Based on a client’s Business Requirements, create a technical specifications document detailing how to set up our product to meet their needs
- Configure our product according to their requirements – this includes items such as: database connections, data entry screens, data and menu access restrictions, email notifications, etc.
- Test the product configuration to ensure the requirements are met
- Create and test reports as required
- Proven experience installing and configuring web-based applications on Windows Servers
- Ability to understand and follow a technical installation guide
- IIS experience: application pool and web site setup and configuration
- Good knowledge of XML
- Installation and configuration of Windows Services
- Experience with Internet Explorer web browser settings
- Knowledge of Windows Security concepts: file and folder permissions, users and groups, and shares.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and up, and/or Oracle 12c and up
- Understanding of relational database schemas and database concepts: databases, tables, fields, formats, primary keys, foreign keys, table linking, etc.
- Familiarity with the SQL language: queries to retrieve data, and scripts to create and update databases, tables, fields, indexes, etc.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts: Active Directory, domains, IP addresses, etc.
- Basic knowledge of virtualization (virtual machines)
- Write and maintain documentation
- Be accountable for the installation and configuration of systems, ensuring timelines are met and quality solutions are delivered
- Follow IT policies and procedures to control information security
- Solid problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, with strong interpersonal skills
- Quality assurance (QA) testing of a web-based product
- Designing and creating reports, preferably Crystal Reports
- Familiarity with OpenText eDOCS DM and/or OpenText Content Server
- Some programming experience of any kind
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on the Cloud
- Selecting appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on Cloud Platforms
- Participate in all activities of the complete SDLC process, including formal written documentation
- Write code, test, enhance, and debug software products
- Work with a team of developers to ensure each deliverable meets quality and timeline goals
- Participate in code reviews, code analysis, and identification of software risks
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- API usage, command-line interface and SDKs for writing applications
- Sound knowledge of programming languages:
- Java script
- .NET programing (.NET Framework, .NET Core and .NET 5.0)
- Docker and Kubernets experience
- Experience developing RESTful micro services
- Experience with secured computing using PKI, SSL/TLS, OAuth, data encryption
- Experience with web development
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Build & CI Tools:
- SCM Tools
- Operating Systems:
- Windows 2012, and newer
- Mobile (iOS and Android) application development
- Experience with at least one cloud provider
- Oracle cloud,
- Google cloud